Fresh and Easy Homemade Marinara Sauce
Category : Eat Right Articles , Family , Nutrition Literacy , Recipes , The Very Latest... , Vegetarian
Article by Natalie via superhealthykids.com
Spaghetti is one of Americas favorite foods. Here’s a good recipe for a traditional home-made meal. No preservatives or fluff. Just a few fresh veggies, some spices, and lots of love. Enjoy!
|25 medium whole (2-3/5″ dia)||Tomato, Red|
|2 medium (2-1/2″ dia)||Onion|
|2 medium (approx 2-3/4″ long, 2-1/2″ dia)||Green Bell Pepper|
|4 stalk, medium (7-1/2″ – 8″ long)||Celery, raw|
|1 pepper||Peppers, jalapeno, raw|
|1/2 cup leaves, whole||Basil, fresh|
|2 tsp, leaves||Spices, oregano, dried|
|1 tbsp, ground||Black Pepper|
|1/4 cup||Vinegar, distilled|
- Blend in a food processor or blender: tomatoes, onions, green peppers, celery, jalapeno, and garlic. Add to a large pot.
- Then blend basil and oregano.
- Add all of the ingredients to your pot; bring to a boil.
- Turn heat to medium and simmer 30 minutes. Stir every few minutes to prevent burning.
- When serving add, 1 Tbsp pesto, 1/2 cup parmesan, and 1/2 cup spinach.